The Right Place, All the Time
Current research, articles, and websites relating to overall health, wellness, and programs.
Welcome to Community Conex
My name is Matthew Varrette MSW RSW and I created my private practice in 2012. Community Conex is an organization that provides enhanced services in the areas of mental health and addictions to our local community.
We offer a variety of specialized programs including:
⁃ individual psychotherapy,
⁃ private group psychotherapy,
⁃ therapeutic gaming groups (Roll for Recovery),
⁃ private case management for mental health and addiction issues,
- clinical consultation and supervision for clinicians, students, and practitioners.
Our primary areas of focus for psychotherapy are obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), social anxiety, panic disorders, agoraphobia, phobias, generalized anxiety & worry, depression, and health anxiety. Community Conex uses cognitive behavioural therapy, rational-emotive therapy, and is currently training in emotion-focused therapy, schema therapy, and cognitive processing therapy. Our approach is collaborative with an emphasis on treatment.
Several payment options are listed below but don’t hesitate to contact us directly to discuss your specific needs and availabilities. Please feel free to review our services and information pages using the menu above.
Above all else, it is important on your journey of connecting with a therapist to ask some important questions:
1. How many years have they practiced one to one therapy, group therapy, etc.?
2. How many clients have they successfully treated with this issue and modality?
3. Do they access or work under a supervisor?
4. Can they outline the typical treatment plan they run/use for this issue?
5. How many sessions does it typically take to work through this issue?
6. What are your strengths and limitations as a psychotherapist?
7. What is your general philosophy and approach to helping? Are you more directive or guiding?
Feel free to ask these questions upon consultation and to any other practitioner. Having confidence in your therapist is a key component in finding a good fit!